No matter what your holiday looks like this year, food will likely be involved. Whether you're chilling with the kids watching Christmas movies or having friends and family over to enjoy a great evening, setting up the perfect board full of your favorite holiday treats is sure to create memories that will last. Here are just a few tips for building your own holiday board full of amazing treats.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT BOARD
Check to see what platters or trays you may have on hand for best displaying the items you'd like to serve. We would recommend a flat surface to provide the best display. A few possibilities are listed here if you have none:
- Rustic Leather Handle Rough Edge Charcuterie Board
- Oak Charcuterie Board with Hammered Black Handles
- 12" Oak Charcuterie Board
GATHER YOUR ITEMS
Get all the items together that you'd like to serve. For a Holiday Treat Board, we would like to suggest items such as:
- Christmas Candies
- Candy Canes
- Nuts/Candied Nuts
- Peppermint Bark
- Pretzels and/or Chocolate Covered Pretzels
START BUILDING THAT BOARD!
- Place a few small bowls on the board to hold items such as candies, nuts, etc.
- Put a few pieces of wax or parchment paper down where you may have some sticky items to make cleanup easier later.
- Start with flat items such as cookies or pretzels and spread them out and place them in different areas across the platter or board.
- Fill in the gaps with smaller items.
- Add fruit or berries and rosemary or some type of greenery to brighten it and add color.
- If you are out of room on the board, add bowls to sit along side the board to hold these items.
- Set napkins alongside the board.
Just remember that you can refill the board as the night goes on. And don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect! If you don't have a board or platter, use a plate. Anything can work, it's a board full of cookies and candy - there isn't much that will keep people away.
Have fun with it and enjoy!