No matter what your holiday looks like this year, food will likely be involved. Whether you're chilling with the kids watching Holiday movies or having friends and family over to enjoy a great evening, setting up the perfect board full of your favorite holiday treats or appetizer spread among friends is sure to create memories that will last. Here are just a few tips for building your own board and creating memories that will last.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT BOARD
Check to see what platters or trays you may have on hand for best displaying the items you'd like to serve. We would recommend a flat surface to provide the best display. A few possibilities are listed here if you have none:
- Rustic Leather Handle Rough Edge Charcuterie Board
- Oak Charcuterie Board with Hammered Black Handles
GATHER YOUR ITEMS
Get all the items together that you'd like to serve. A few suggestions:
Snacks/Sweet Treats Board
- Christmas Candies
- Candy Canes
- Nuts/Candied Nuts
- Peppermint Bark
- Pretzels and/or Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Grapes, cranberries, etc.
- Fruits (Grapes, orange slices, cranberries, etc.)
- Various meats (Pepperoni, salami, prosciouto)
- Cheeses (Either a cheese wedge or precut squares, etc.)
- Honey, jelly, etc.
*Add greenery, get creative and make it your own.
START BUILDING THAT BOARD!
- Place a few small bowls on the board to hold items such as candies, nuts, etc.
- Put a few pieces of wax or parchment paper down where you may have some sticky items to make cleanup easier later.
- Start with the main items you want to focus on. If it's meats and cheese, start with those. If it's cookies or other, begin with those.
- Fill in the gaps with the extras. The things that are adds, etc.
- Add fruit or berries and rosemary or some type of greenery to brighten it and add color.
- FILL IT UP! Let it overflow.
- If you do run out of room on the board, add bowls to sit alongside the board to hold these items.
- Be sure to add napkins, toothpicks, etc. for easy access to the items.
Just remember that you can refill the board as the night goes on. And don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect! If you don't have a board or platter, use a plate. Anything can work, it's a board full food and goodies! There isn't much that will keep people away.
Have fun with it and enjoy!